Sunday, October 14, 2012

Operation Smile Kenya......

So a coworker of mine is heading off to Operation Smile in Kenya and needs to raise some money for the trip so she can go.... she asked if I would be willing to donate some of my creative stuff for a silent auction which of course I could not say no to. I am a Paediatric nurse, so if I can help in any way I will...... if I could go myself I would.... Kelly (my coworker) is called a Child Life Expert and she works with the children on our ward to help them cope with all aspects of hospital life. She does art therapy with kids and distraction techniques when we have to do some not so nice stuff to them (like IV starts, blood work and other procedures)  She also prepares children for their procedures, explains it to them and shows them what will happen and what to expect.... she really is a valuable member of our team..... and I was happy to donate some items..... a card, pictured below... a tutu and a Canucks inspired coffee cozy (pictures to come)....... hope you enjoy....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)