Friday, March 01, 2013

Anyone Need a Do??

          I {heart} this stamp! It is so adorable and when I first received it from Christine I was giddy with delight...... I use to be a hairdresser {for 13 years} before I went back to school to get my nursing degree. I could not resist picking this little lovely out to ink up. The Paper Doll Salon is so cute, don't you think?

          Remember if you visit The Paper Nest before March 31st and use the code " I love the Paper Nest" {in the notes section} you can get 20% off your entire order, so it's a perfect time to stock up on all the little cuties that are available.


          This is 5X5 card made from Gina K Kraft card stock {my favourite}! The patterned paper I used is My Mind's Eye "The Sweetest Thing - Honey". I have the most unique embellishment, I have no idea where it came from but I found it in my stash. It is shiny and silver in colour and unfortunately really hard to see in the picture.... but it adds a lot of flare to this card. I used some teal ribbon to add a pop of colour and a felt flower embellishment. The inside says Absolutely FABulous....Thank You!. I'm thinking a perfect card for the hairdresser in your life.... :)



          I used my medium of choice, Copics. Both ladies skin is coloured in E000, E00, E11 and R20. The hairdresser's hair is E51, E53 and E55. Her dress & shoes are inked with Y15 & Y17. Her belt is E41, E42 and E43 {as with the sign}. Her dryer is coloured with T3 & T5. The client is sitting on a chair coloured in RV06, RV09, 100 and 0. Pants & shoes are B24 & B28. Her Top is coloured in RV10 & RV11. Let's not forget her hair in rollers..... E25 & E27 and some pops of colour with BG07 & BG10 with the rollers, hair bow and hair tools.

          I distressed using Tim Holts distressing tool and Walnut Stain ink. I also added some faux stitching around the card with a Uniball Signa white gel pen. Hope you like her, please feel free to comment....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)