Friday, April 19, 2013

Old, New, Borrowed & Blue Blog Hop......

Welcome to Day 2 of the Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue Blog Hop!


Wedding bells will soon be ringing as the wedding season is almost here, and the design teams of Red Carpet Studio and The Paper Nest Dolls have teamed up to provide you with some beautiful wedding inspiration by creating projects using Paper Nest Dolls digital stamps! If you've just come across the hop and would like to start at the beginning, please visit Red Carpet Studio.

Red Carpet Studio is a movie-themed challenge blog that runs weekly challenges, alternating between layout and card challenges each week. All of their challenges are inspired by either a movie or aspect of Hollywood!
The Paper Nest Dolls is a brand new digital/rubber stamp shop that sells adorable stamps inspired by the designer's children. Their stamps are sold here and they just started a challenge blog as well! 



For my project today, I chose a lovely little image known as "The Wedding". I absolutely loved working with this image and of course my favorite color is blue so this was one of the projects that stood out for me.


This card is made from Gina K Kraft card stock. It is a square card measuring 5.5X5.5". I NEVER work with lace (something old) so this was a big step for me (in fact I did 2 cards with lace in the same day). I wanted to make this card really feminine so I thought the lace did just that. I used MME Lost & Found Portabello patterned paper. I also used Bazill pale blue glossy paper along with dark grey card stock too. I added Maya Road chipboard hearts (something new, to me) which were coloured with Copics and dazzled up with Diamond stickles. I also added some pearls and seam binding ribbon to tie it all together.
The Copic markers I used were: Skin E000, E00, E11 and R20. Hair: E50, E51, E53, E23 and E25. His outfit was done with N1, N3, N5, 110 and 0. Her outfit was done with BG0000, BG00, C1 and 0. Flowers and bow tie: BG02, BG05, BG07, YG23, and YG25 (with some Diamond Stickles)

The Paper Nest Dolls owner and artist, Christine, is very generously providing us with some blog candy from her online stamp shop and her brick and mortar scrapbooking store! To be eligible to win you must comment on every stop of both days of the hop. 

Two $20 Gift Certificates

Prima Flower Prize Pack

Ready for the next stop? It's Rochelle's blog! 

Red Carpet Studio
The Paper Nest Dolls
Ashley
Nikki
Rochelle
Katrina
Robin
Jasmina
Stephanie
Candice
Olga

Happy Hopping! :)

29 comments:

  1. Stunning card, love the heart´s and the pearl are perfect there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Nikki, the lace is such a pretty touch : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love all that lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Love how you used the lace, it is perfect. I really love the white against the kraft. Your couple is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue hearts, your colouring and the frills!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally adorable, Nikki!!!

    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the lace looks perfect for this card and I like how you have distressed the blue card.

    (ilove2cutpaper)
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card!

    TFS from BIF
    http://marie97-lotlot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Nikki. the lace looks stunning on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nikki! I just love the light colors on this card; and the ribbon on the entire perimeter is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card!

    TFS from BIF
    http://marie97-lotlot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous card, Nikki! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how BEAUTIFUL, love all your details.. and the lace..
    Hugs
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh wow...I love the tattered edges!


    BIF
    http://dawnmercedes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a darling card. How clever to use fabric in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. Love the sparkly hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your beautiful card! Very very nice!
    Darcy BIF

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! Love the colors and all the details. TFS
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it so very much, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww... LOV your wedding card! Love everything about it:) Thank You for sharing.
    gloriasgoofycraftspot.blogspot.com
    Blogging it forward group.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome job I love it! Loriann BIF

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so cute!! great image and love the addition of the lace!
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  25. very pretty and feminine! love the lace <3
    http://truluvcreations.blogspot.com/
    peace_love_pawprints@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really lovely and cute images! so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)