Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pearls Anyone??? Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls......

          SO we are heading into our fourth challenge over at the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge blog. I am SUPER EXCITED about this challenge.....If you love pearls (and what girl doesn't?) then you will LOVE our newest challenge....... bring us your projects dazzled with pearls. We would love to see what you come up with and look forward to seeing your creations.
          I chose to use Bubble Bath Ellie for this challenge because 1) She is adorable and 2) you can be really creative with this stamp... or at least I think. You can find her here.
          So here is my card.... let me know what you think.... =)


          So with this card, the base is a 5.5X5.5" square made from Gina K Kraft card stock. I used Anthentique "Journey" Collection. I also used pale blue card stock to frame the image. I used the Spellbinders Hectagon shapes. The image was printed on Make it Crafty paper. The embellishments I used Mona Lisa cheese clothe. I also used Prima Say it in Pearls in Swirls White. I distressed the layers using the Tim Holtz distressing tool and Walnut Stain ink. I also used my favourite Liquid Pearls in Baby Blue and White Opal.
          The image was inked with Copic markers. The skin was inked with E000, E00, E11 and R20. The hair is done with E50, E51, E53 and E55. The bathtub was coloured with C0, C1, C3 and C5. I did some blending with 0. The bubbles were coloured with B000, B00, BG01 and BG02. The soap was coloured with E40, 41 and 42. Her little headband was inked with RV10, Rv11 and RV13. he remaining was coloured with YR04, Y16, RV21, G24 and B02. I also added the polka dots to the headband and the marking around the card with a Signo Uniball white gel pen.

          Now for the prize! Check it out! how awesome is that? A very good reason to join us for this challenge, along with showing us your mad skills.... Please see the blog for full rules on the sidebar...... Have tons of fun =)
We will be running biweekly challenges, starting on Mondays, and ending the Friday the week AFTER the challenge starts. A complete list of challenge rules/guidelines can be found on our sidebar. It is NOT required to use a Paper Nest Dolls image on your entry, although we will have freebies available soon and encourage you to take a look around our shop.

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Nikki. Your colouring is fab & I love all those pearls :) x Jo @ T4T

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Nikki everything is perfect - colouring, paper, layout. So beautiful.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card! Amazing work:)

    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, Nikki! Love all you did!
    Darcy BIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card. Thanks for the link, Jx

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)